Donating IRA to CASA
Make a Gift Tax-Free With an IRA
A Tax-Saving Way to Help Heart of Missouri CASA
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Heart of Missouri CASA and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money.
This law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts to our organization this year and well into the future.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
- It is wise to consult with your tax professionals if you are contemplating a charitable gift under the extended law.
- Ask your IRA administrator about making a direct transfer to Heart of Missouri CASA or have the administrator send a check from your account to us. (To be tax free, the donation must go directly from your IRA account to Heart of Missouri CASA without passing through your hands.)
- Legal Name: Heart of Missouri CASA
- Address: 105 East Ash Street, Suite 102, Columbia, MO 65203
- Federal Tax ID Number:Please call 1-573-422-4670 for our federal tax ID number.